Friday, May 27, 2011

How Blessed...

I think it's time for me to start focusing more on the positive things that have occurred from this awful situation. I have learned so much about "real" friends. In some situations phone calls and texting is fine. And I have appreciated those things this week, but honestly it's not enough. I have had people that I haven't talked to in 7 years do incredible things out of the good of their own heart without me asking. One friend from high school now works for an airline and checked and let me know that Jason had not been on a flight in the past 7 days. So many of them have family or friends in Fort Benning and have gotten the word out to them and they have been able to pass information on to me here. Old roommates from college who have families and live on the other side of the country are willing to contact media and go out of their way to make time for my brother. Friends and roommates here in Utah have been beyond amazing! My cheerleaders give me the best hugs! I got flowers (I never get flowers!) They have just hung out with me and watched movies and kept me distracted. My sister allowed me to spend time with my niece, who may just be the best distraction of all. So many people have put my brother on so many different prayer rolls in the Temple, as well as continued prayer in their own homes. The support has been overwhelming, but the lack of support from people who I thought would step up has been equally disappointing. But I am so blessed to be surrounded by an amazing family, supportive friends, and so many unselfish people who have reached out to me and my family. Thank you so much for all that you have all done! Jason, so many people are praying and hoping for your safety. We love you. Please come home to us!

1 comment:

  1. Okay let's just be honest... that last picture is a perfect representation of your family ;-)

    ReplyDelete