Tuesday, May 10, 2011

It Was a GREAT Weekend!



I had a GREAT weekend! Friday evening I hung out with some friends and we watched some NBA games... super exciting I know. But then around midnight they took us to their work and, you know, I got to sit in an Apache helicopter, don't worry about it. I thought, and still think I'm kind of cool. PS, can we please talk about how I cannot seem to make a normal face for pictures? Even in the pictures when I am younger my tongue is hanging out or something is going on. Those helicopters have some pretty insane guns on them.
Anyway after hanging out at the National Guard place (I don't know what it's called exactly) we went bowling, which is always awesome because I am pretty darn good... that is why I went to college. To take my bowling class. I think people are actually surprised at my awesomeness of bowling. Just one of my many skills. Then around 2am we went to get food at the Village Inn cause it's the only place open. Fries with ranch at 2 in the morning are pretty dang tasty! Then I had to head over to the cheer sleepover, but first I had to go pick up some toothbrushes for some of the girls. When I was leaving Walmart, holding several toothbrushes and a pack of gum, no bag, homeboy at the door asked me if I needed help to my car. Yes, I would really appreciate some creepy dude who I don't know helping me to my car at 3am in the Walmart parking lot. H no! Anyway I finally got to the party and since it was high school girls and 3am I got no sleep. 0 hours of sleep for Jenn! We need make another Walmart/McDonalds (nasty) run at 5am because we were starving and bored, I got a super cool Jedi braid because that's what all the cool kids are doing,
we decorated shirts because that's what cheerleaders do, and just hung out and talked until around 7:30am. One of my cheerleaders Mom has Leukemia and they were having a bunch of fundraisers for her so my entire JV team decided to run the 5K for her Mom. It was amazing! Those girls are so amazing! We were all pretty exhausted but what do you do. It was really important for us to support Rylee's Mom and Rylee. It was a great experience. After the run I went home thinking I could sleep, and it didn't happen. I could probably go days without anyone texting me but of course everyone needed to text me right then. So I met the fam for lunch for Mom's birthday and then I did something AWESOME! I learned and successfully changed my own oil. That's right you heard me. I feel pretty good about myself at this point. I did make a little mess, but still, completed. I am only getting better with age.... these boys need to get on the ball before I'm too good for any of them. After I was done with that I went home and showered and pass out! I still don't think that I am completely recovered, but I'm so blessed that I was able to have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment