Monday, May 30, 2011

Les Miserables... The Miserable Ones


After months of waiting, searching for the perfect dress, and listening, watching, and reading (haven't finished it yet) Les Miserables, I finally got to actually go and see it performed at Utah's capital theatre last night. It was amazing. They weren't the best performers, nor did they perform perfectly. But just to see it live, have the orchestra right there you can just feel the music that much more. Every feeling, every thought is magnified when you are in that situation. Yes, "Bring Him Home" was a struggle and it was disappointing to me how long that feeling hung around with me even after the song. I felt bad for Stewart that he had to deal with that. Remember how his birthday was in October and this was his present? He's been a really good friend for quite a while now. I think we have had some good times, and I'm glad that even though it wasn't the best performances, that we were able to go. He is the one who introduced me to Les Miserables after all and now it's not only an obsession of mine but my families. So when I think about the title in English, The Miserable Ones, and I kind of think of my life. Not only my life but my family right now. I know that we don't have it very bad, but this week has been hell. I feel like I can't really explain the emotions that I am having to anyone, which is really upsetting, and there's nothing that anyone can do which is also upsetting. I get sad randomly and then other times I'm fine. My Uncle Bill was in the temple and read one of the hymns and passed it on to us to read. It's called When Faith Endures and reads:
"I will not doubt, I will not fear; God's love and strength are always near. His promised gifts helps me to find an inner strength and peace of mind. I give the Father willingly My trust, my prayers, humility. His Spirit guides; his love assures The fear departs when faith endures."
I love that! Makes me feel like I have no faith because I'm pretty fearful, but still what an amazing hymn! What an amazing promise. I'm so thankful that my parents raised me to be faithful and raised me to understand that when I have no one to turn to that I can turn to the Lord and he will always help and bless me! He will tell me all that I need to know (In his time of course which sometimes sucks). And right know all that I need to know is that my little brother is safe. That would make a world of difference. That would make me not miserable. I stopped making wishes on stars, in fountains, with eyelashes, birthday candles, etc... about 2 years ago because I was pestimistic and felt as though it was pointless, but if I could have only one wish and I knew it would come true. I would wish that my brother would come home.

1 comment:

  1. First you look stunning! Second, I love that hymn, third, we can't all be strong all of the time, so remember it's okay to let your guard down and cry. I love you

    ReplyDelete