Sunday, July 31, 2011

Happy BIrthday Spencer

So Spencer's birthday was on Friday the 29th... The reason it's taken me so long to get this up is because we have spent every waking minute together since that day, so I haven't had time to write about the awesomeness which is Spencer. And when I say every waking minute I mean it. He is over here before I am even awake and he leaves after I fall asleep. He is a good man... Either that or I sleep too much. Anyway we started off with a healthy breakfast of vanilla ice cream in cantaloupe. If you have never had this then you are missing out.... seriously! Minimal cleanup and it's delicious! Spencer could not hold off for presents so he opened them early. Yes I am too cheap to go buy wrapping paper, plus it is a waste of money, So I wrapper them in newspaper and even made a bow! In my family it's tradition to get Dad a tie for every holiday in which gifts are exchanged, so I started that with Spencer this year even though we're not technically family.... yet. He has been dying for a skinny black tie so I got him that and his favorite TV series, Seinfeld... collectors edition. Yes, I am the bomb thanks for asking. We headed over to the Red Iguana for lunch. If you haven't been there, just do it. Their nachos are AMAZING! Actually everything they have is AMAZING! While we were there my sunglasses broke... I paid $5.80 for those at Forever 21... you think they would last longer then a year. Spencer kept laughing at me because I continued to wear them for the remainder of the day, even though I have like 6 other pairs. On the way back to my house we stopped and got birthday soda. Weekends are our soda time... unfortunately that must come to an end soon, but we really love us some soda! I also got a gnarly sunburn.... not flashing you. A little later we headed over to my parents house for birthday cake and to see Panda Cortney. She has been super sassy lately, and I love it! After cake we went to play at the batting cages with some of Spencer's old friends who I love. Basically they are super cool people, even though we fell asleep on their couch before 11pm while watching a movie, they are awesome and I hope they don't judge us. Sorry old friends... I think you have been replaced. I'm kidding.... mostly. But I am pretty awesome at the batting cages... I even nailed the pole you see in the middle with my last hit. BAM!We did have some TCBY beforehand (I'm sorry Yogurtland... you are still my favorite) and Spencer did some tricks... the video I will also post.... but all in all I think it was a good day.

I love you Spencer and I am so excited to spend more birthdays with you. You are so funny, amazing, caring, supportive, and everything I could have ever wanted. I feel incredibly lucky to have you in my life and I am so excited for the future!!! 41 more days and then it's legal! I love you and happy birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment