Thursday, July 7, 2011

Background Info....

I had a request for story time number two about how Spencer and I met and all of that good stuff. And I just thought that was a fantastic idea (Thanks Whitney), so here we go.....

It was a gorgeous Sunday morning. My ward boundaries had just changed, but luckily I was in the same ward. However, I found myself in a ward with about 100 new members and so many people I had never seen before. Shortly before Relief Society started my Bishop approached me. He basically instructed me to go into Priesthood meeting and seduce the boys into going to this huge multi-stake activity. (Which by the way I never even attended... my bad). Anyway I strutted into the meeting and did my best. Basically I was pretty embarrassed and I didn't think I did so well. I was shaking and pretty sure I said stuff that didn't even pertain to the activity. It didn't help that most of my guy friends in there were laughing at me... I had no idea that I had left an impression on a certain new ward member. The next day I was threatened by a friend to go to FHE or else... so I attended. We were suppose to play Frisbee, but it ended up being too cold so we headed over to a bishopric members home to just hang out. There are a lot of "special" people in my ward so I choose to chill at the kitchen table and talk with the random people who would walk by instead of engaging in weird girls camp type games. Quick side note, Gilbert and I pole danced at girls camp on the flag pole on the hill.... we didn't so much get caught up in the games then and they still don't interest me now. Gilbert I miss you so much! Anyway soon this guy and this girl came and sat down with me and we all started chatting. I definitely insulted the boy by talking about how he looked like a 10 year old from the 70's on his high school ID card, but then redeemed myself by gushing about his perfectly straight teeth even though he never had braces. The three of us had some good laughs that night and I thought that we could all be potential friends for sure. One of my other friends soon joined the conversation and convinced the guy, with perfect teeth, to take his younger sister out on a date because she saw him and thought he was cute. Let's just say I was a little annoyed because I thought this red headed young man was quite attractive, but now it seemed as though he would become off limits to me because of some stupid social guideline. Yes, the guy that I insulted the first time I ever talked to him was Spencer. He was also the one I successfully seduced the day before. He had come to sit at the table that night because he wanted to get to know me better. I had no idea of course. I didn't even take the time to get ready that day, plus at the moment I was over boys. I was in the mood that night where you just say whatever you're thinking because you aren't trying to impress anybody. For me that can be quite a dangerous situation. Anyway after Spencer's best friend Asian Jason insulted me a few times after joining over conversation we all parted ways. I didn't see Spencer again until Friday night, when a large group from the good ole singles ward decided to go see Pirates 4 together. I had told my roommate Brianne that they only way that I would go is if we were sure Spencer was going to be there. Don't worry... sometimes I can act like a 13 year old girl. Well we went to the movie and I worked my magic so that event though our assigned seats weren't next to each other Spencer and I still sat next to each other during the movie. I later found out that we was trying to do the exact same thing. We entertained ourselves with throwing candy (I know, childish) but we had to because the movie was not entertaining at all and I needed to get my money's worth. From that night on we saw each other every single day until last Monday when he started his new job that takes him out of town and out of cell phone service (boo). You may remember this post.... this was the day after the Pirates movie before I even knew he was interested. Or even this post that was posted when I first learned they were stalking the blog pre-movie. Good times! About a week after we saw the movie Spencer was over at my house hanging out with me and my roommate when I bluntly stated that playing games in a relationship was stupid and a waste of time. I said that I thought that people should just be straight up and honest once they started to date. About 15 minutes later Spencer left. Brianne and I continued to chat it up even though it was quite late. 10 minutes later there was a knock at the door. Both of us got a little freaked out because scary things were happening at the time and we really didn't feel the need to be raped. Turns out it was Spencer, who asked if he could talk to me outside. He then told me that he wanted to take me out on a real date, and that he didn't want to play games. Yeah.... I liked that a lot. It was so different than anything I had experienced before. And I have to give him props for not just texting me but actually coming back up to my apartment to ask me straight up. Our first date consisted of playing pool, which he killed me at (super gentleman like), ice cream, and So I Married an Axe Murderer. Spencer was convinced after that first date that he had blown things, but really I was smitten. He found that out when I let him kiss me the next night for the first time... lucky boy. He actually went on that date with my friends sister, who I am actually friends with her too and I think she is amazing and gorgeous, that night before he kissed me and anyway it was while he was on that date that he realized that he wanted to date me and no one else. Spencer came into my life at a curial time, right before Jason went missing and stuck by me through all of that drama and then some. I love having his friend Jason tell me all the things that Spencer was thinking before anything started, from the day he first met me up until the proposal. It keeps me entertained and makes me smile... I love the idea that there is a guy out there who is super excited to marry me and wants all of the same things that I want. Perhaps a guest post from The Asian man himself needs to happen.... He is an AMAZING writer! Anyway now we're engaged and getting married in 2 months and 2 days!!!! Spencer took this picture right after he proposed.... You never know how or when or where you are going to meet that special someone, but when you know you know. I have actually been getting a lot of crap from some of my closest friends, or people who I thought would have at least pretended to be supportive, but aren't at all, about how we have only dated for 2 months and that isn't long enough. I'm sorry you think that. I'm sorry that you don't know me well enough to know that I wouldn't do anything that I thought was in the least bit wrong. It has really actually hurt me a lot that people aren't supportive. Yes, I have cried, but stopped once I realized that what they thought doesn't matter. My real friends are happy for me and I am happy. That's all that matters. I guess it's a good thing that Spencer is happy too.... I have said before that I think mine and Spencer's relationship was accelerated because of the many trials we have already had to face and the things that we have been through. I know that marriage isn't going to be easy but I know that this is the right decision. I have talked to many people who dated for a few years and most of them have told me that after 2 months they knew that they were going to get married, they just put it off to finish school or for money reasons. Spencer and I have no problems being poor newlyweds... isn't that part of the fun? Plus my parents live here so we can easily just mooch off them.... and they thought they were going to get rid of me finally. We are so excited to get married and start our own family. My relationship with Spencer has been different than any other relationship because it's been honest and straight up. We never pretend to be someone we aren't. We are super honest with each other and it just works. Basically my life has changed so much and I am loving every single second of it!

5 comments:

  1. Love the story, love the honesty and I love you! I'm so excited for you and hope maybe this time next year I'll have a new baby to stare at! Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love the story! I am a sucker for a good love story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You guys are adorable. I cannot wait to meet this dashing young man. You look gorgeous as ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You both are so awesome! I am so blessed to have you both in my life! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not just one, but two props to the Asian!! Wow!!! Well you deserve the ginger, there are very few good looking ones out there, we are so fortunate to know this one! I look forward to being at your sealing in the temple, and can't wait to be an "uncle" hehe. You are an amazing writer my dear friend, also a very exceptional woman. You are going to so rock his world!!! Love you both so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea for love stories! I'm so satisfied with that story time haha. Rusty and I only had 6 months from first date to wedding day...so I feel ya. And yea for straight teeth genes!!! Maybe that means your kids will save you some money and go the no braces route too! You guys both look great...not to mention giddy with the love bug :)

    ReplyDelete