Tuesday, June 21, 2011

24 Hours in Rexburg...

Destination for the weekend was Rexburg, ID. Super exciting eh? Spencer had never been before and my parents had a few last things to finish up on the house, so we decided to tag along. I thought it was fun... than again I'm pretty easy to please. Highlights of the weekend included....

Frozen Yogurt! Oh how I have become obsessed... like I wasn't already obsessed before, but more so now. I need it at least once a week. That's right I said need. So we took the parents out for date night in Rexburg, and I'm almost positive they had ever done this before, but it was awesome. Who's looks best? My brother in law already picked mine so I'm already the winner. He has definitely picked my bowl twice in a row. Yes, I take frequent pictures of my fro-yo. Of course it wouldn't be a trip to Rexburg if my Dad wasn't recognized by some random student he had in his class like 3 years ago (probably exaggerating)... He's super cool with the students!

Campus. Because isn't that what all the cool kids do on Friday night? Spencer has never been there before so it was fun to show him around... Plus there's this building names after him. I may or may not have made him step on tulips to take this picture... my bad.

Painting! Yeah not much of a highlight but it definitely happened.

Driving the Lawn Mower 2 1/2 Miles to Storage.
This was given to me as my job. I think my Dad was trying to punish me. I felt super white trash and super cool. I felt especially awesome when my parents drove up beside me, chugging down the Archer-Lyman Highway, and slowed way down so that Spencer and my Mom could take pictures and video of me fulfilling my chore. I had also forgotten my headphones, so I spent the 30 minutes of pure hickness singing to myself. I also realized that people think that it's okay to stare at you as long as they wave... no. It's still humiliating.

Road trip!
sleeping in the car = probably one of my favorite things ever! Besides, you know, waking up with crazy pain in my neck and back... but that is why I am dating a massage therapist! Okay so that's not the only reason, but it's a great benefit. Plus we got lots of candy!!!!

Breakfast. So I don't usually eat breakfast and my Dad took us to this donut place, and since I don't eat donuts or breakfast I just hung out and used the wifi... nerd. Anyway my Mom ordered a hot chocolate and they give you the cup and you fill it up. Dad noticed that she wasn't drinking her hot chocolate and asked her why... well turns out that when she went to fill it up, since she wanted marshmallow flavoring in her hot chocolate she filled, on accident, the entire cup with only marshmallow flavoring thinking that it was hot chocolate with marshmallow in it. Apparently that doesn't taste so great. My Mom is so great!

Playing
. Spencer was just so darn awesome at climbing the wall thing my Dad made in the back yard that I had to show my awesomeness too... Well I didn't even get halfway up. I blame it either on the shoes or genetics.

Temple! A 2 minute stop by the Rexburg Temple for a quick picture.



Random Pictures.
While everyone else was working, I decided to take random pictures of myself in the bathroom. These are dedicated to my awesome father who told me that I only look good in pictures when I smile. Haha. I love him and his honesty. Speaking on random, who Idaho is this? Found it outside a gas station. Pretty sweet. Can we also talk about how Spencer loves to take pictures almost as much as I do? Match made in Heaven! I never have to beg him to take pictures which I love! We are so awesome together! And don't worry... in the thug picture those are definitely my manly fat fingers... not Spencer's. Sad.

Puppies!
Spencer and I have a new obsession, and it is puppies! When we got back to Utah Saturday night we went to get dinner and right there was a man selling puppies! It was pretty much a sign! The one we played with could not keep her little puppy eyes open! She was so adorable! She was $400, and we have no place for a puppy, and isn't buying a pet together a huge thing? So for now we choose to just lust after them and think of names. We were talking about it in the car and I'm pretty sure my Dad thought we were talking about baby names. Haha! Dad, I would never name my child Winston! Puppy, yes. Child, no.

3 comments:

  1. cute puppy, and was the froyo at Twizzleberry? We <3 Twizzleberry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you two!!! And you look gorgeous in all of these pictures! Love the hair color

    ReplyDelete
  3. The froyo was at Twizzleberry in Rexburg. I had never been to that one before but it was really good! And Allie that hair color is all because of your awesomeness! Thanks for the compliment!

    ReplyDelete