Sunday, June 26, 2011

Manti & Taylorsville Days!!!

Friday night Spencer and I had planned on going down to Manti.... Well about 7 minutes after we were suppose to leave, everyone who was going with us bailed. One of my many pet peeves, and ranks near the top, right above making sure the toilet paper rolls over the top and not the bottom. So both of us were pretty upset, but decided that we wanted to go anyway. So to make the trip a little more exciting we drove to my parents house and forced Ryan to go with us. Pretty sure Ryan enjoyed himself and the irreverent comments that I made throughout the pageant. Okay, so I have the brain of a 13 year old. Basically I say the first thing that comes to my mind, and it's not always something that should be heard by everyone else. Since Ryan is 12, my thoughts fit in perfectly with his.
About 20 minutes from Manti we were passing through this little town when I looked to the right and saw... The Illusion Academy. I recently finished the entire series of Arrested Development (highly recommend it) and so this reminded me of Gob, and his magical illusions. So of course I convinced Spencer to turn the car around so that we could take a picture. Awesome. So I had never been to Manti, and to be quite honest... what a boring drive... but what a gorgeous temple! Seriously stunning! The pageant was fun, probably not something I would go to every year, but now I can say that I've done it... It's really time for them to revamp the whole thing though. I would be willing to lend them plenty of amazing ideas to do so. Then on Saturday we headed over to Taylorsville Days, mainly to see the fireworks because they last for 30 minutes and were amazing! We chilled with 4 of my cheerleaders and their little boys and it was fun.I do not know why we are all leaning so far forward in that picture... weird. Minus the guy with the laser pointer sitting behind us. I love love love spending time with these girls! The age difference doesn't matter to me and I think that they are awesome and funny and I have a good time when I am with them. Thanks girls for hanging out with your old coach for the fireworks! You rock! And thanks Spencer for an AMAZING weekend! I love spending time with you! You're kind of my favorite right now!

1 comment:

  1. Toilet paper should definitely ALWAYS go over the top not under... one of my biggest pet peeves too! Ugh... Love your posts, love you!

    ReplyDelete